Friday, December 09, 2011
Sammy Hagar Unveils New Product, Sammy's Beach Bar Rum
(this news brief was posted by Shanken News Daily on November 28, 2011) Rock musician and spirits entrepreneur Sammy Hagar has unveiled a new product, Sammy’s Beach Bar Rum, in partnership with Maui-based Haliimaile Distilling Company. The small-batch silver rum was officially introduced last week at the Hard Rock Café in Waikiki. It’s made from Hawaii-grown sugar cane matured for a full two years and is designed to be sipped as well as mixed in cocktails. Sammy’s Beach Bar Rum is currently only available for sale in Hawaii, but Hagar plans to extend distribution to the rest of the U.S. in early 2012. This is Hagar’s second venture into the spirits business, as he launched the Cabo Wabo Tequila brand before selling 80% of it to Italy’s Gruppo Campari for $80 million in 2008 and the remaining 20% for $11 million to the same company in August 2010.